The most common question I’m asked about our nootropic pre-workout BAMF and our high stimulant pre-workout Woke AF is “what’s the difference between them?” In this article, you’ll learn the differences, the benefits of each supplement, and how to know which one is right for you.
We’ll start simple though:
- BAMF doubles as a nootropic and a pre-workout ( nootropic definition: ingredient used to improve cognitive functions)*
- Woke AF is the highest stim formula we offer, and realistically the highest stim supplement anyone should offer.
Woke AF and BAMF: Similarities
Because the OG formula, Bucked Up, is solid in its own right, its formula served as the foundation for both BAMF and Woke AF. So we kept much of what was good, then made it even more intense. The following ingredients are in both BAMF and Woke AF
- Caffeine – Increased to 333mg, WOKE AF and BAMF are formulated for those with an already developed high tolerance to stimulants.
- Beta-Alanine – Increased to 3.2g for extended training sessions. Beta-Alanine has been shown to improve anaerobic and aerobic endurance,* decrease lactic acid buildup,* and enhance muscle mass.*
- Vitamin B12: 100mcg for boosted energy,* improved brain health,* and protein metabolization*
- Sodium (as Himalayan Rock Salt with trace minerals): hydration*
- Citrulline Malate 2:1: 6g for improved blood flow (aka the pump)*
- AlphaSize Alpha GPC: 200mg; clinically shown to sharpen mental focus*
- Taurine: 100mg to promote muscle hydration*
- Deer Antler Velvet Extract:50mg makes our pre-workouts rich in amino acids as well as IGF-1 and IGF-2
- AstraGin: 25mg; clinically shown to increase Citrulline absorption*
- ActiGin: 25mg; Increase VO2 max and boost athletic performance*
Both pre-workouts would have been effective even without their bonus features, but the way we see it, if we can make a pre-workout that’s super effective, we’re going to. Every bucking time.
Woke AF: the incredibly High Stimulant Pre Workout
Taking Woke AF is like a badge of honor; it says you’ve earned the right to be here, and you are not to be asked: “how many sets you got left, bro?”
This high stimulant pre-workout is formulated for those with only the strongest of tolerances. Three different stimulants combined with clinically proven cognition enhancers,* and a potent delivery system helps you stay WOKE through even the most grueling of workouts.
- Dendrobium – An ancient Chinese herb, used as an energy-boosting agent. Not only does Dendrobium work well with caffeine to increase work capacity in a training session, but it can also stimulate your central nervous system,* enhance mood,* and increase your metabolic rate.*
- Synephrine – A very potent stimulant, this compound has become a staple for stim junkies. Stacked with dendrobium, this formula has not just one, but two ingredients to mimic the effects of the banned ephedrine plant.*
BAMF: The Nootropic High Caffeine Pre Workout
- adjective: (of a drug or other substance) capable of enhancing memory,* concentration,* or other cognitive functions and of preventing cognitive decline:*
- noun: also called ‘smart drug’. A drug or other substance that enhances memory,* concentration,* or other cognitive functions.*
As the world’s first and only true Nootropic pre-workout, BAMF was not formulated for noobs, aimless wanderers, gym chatters, or those hunting for someone to interrupt mid-set. Taking BAMF is a label: “I’m not here to talk, I am here to work.”
BAMF was formulated for those who want to dive into what’s called in the biohacking community, the flow state. It is for anyone who craves the tunnel vision, approaches their training sessions as systematically as an assassin and its mark. On the flip side, BAMF is also beneficial for those who have trouble focusing.*
Not only that, it helps improve the Mind to Muscle connection:* Any elite performance is an outcome of the melding of your brain, with its synapses, both neuron & chemical, firing synergistically to command your body, with its muscles and everything they attach to, to perform the outcome you demand of it, of yourself.
Its two additional ingredients for even better focus than its counterparts are:
- Dynamine: 63mg: nootropic supplement that is thought to improve cognitive function, energy levels, and mood. It is a naturally occurring compound found in the kucha tea plant. Dynamine works by blocking the neurotransmitter adenosine from binding to receptors in the brain. Adenosine is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for making us feel tired. By blocking adenosine, Dynamine can help to increase energy levels and alertness. In addition to its effects on energy, Dynamine has also been shown to improve cognitive function. In one study, Dynamine was shown to improve reaction time, working memory, and attention in healthy adults.
- Huperzine A: 50mcg; A plant-based alkaloid extract that has been shown to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine,* a key component of brain function. Not only does it prevent acetylcholine breakdown, but it has been shown to increase acetylcholine levels for up to 6 hours post-consumption.* Huperzine A has also been shown to promote healthy hormone levels,* increase memory retention,* promote mitochondria function,* and even prevent neuron death (from toxicity).*
The true nootropic definition, as far as any gym-goer, Silicon Valley baller, or gamer is concerned, is obvious. It’s BAMF:
The Difference and the Decision
So really, the difference comes down to two ingredients…the rest is the same!
- In BAMF you have Huperzine A and Hordenine for Hyper Focus.*
- WOKE AF has Dendrobium and Synephrine for high stimulant energy.*
Everything is the same other than those two ingredients. Both have 6 grams of Citrulline, 333mg of caffeine per serving, both have Deer Antler Velvet Extract, AlphaSize, Astragin, Actigin…and both are incredibly powerful high caffeine pre-workouts.
The choice is yours at Buck-a-Rama. Personally, I keep both around. I use Woke AF on days where I didn’t get enough sleep the night before. I take BAMF on the days where I’ve spent all day doing bookish nerd stuff and need some extra help retrieving my brain function.
And if you’re having trouble choosing which one is for you, then I’d suggest doing as the biohackers do; self-experiment. Take Woke AF one day, assess how it went. Then take BAMF the next day, and repeat.